Grandmaster Wong - Toronto 2016 - Essence of Taijiquan, Xingyiquan & Baguazhang: Wudang Three-Harmony Set!
Grandmaster Wong - in top form, as always!
A course on 'Marvellous' Kungfu:
The Essence of Xingyiquan, Baguazhang & Taijiquan: "Wudang Three-Harmony Set"
taught by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit
The Wudang Three-Harmony Set consists of the essence of Taijiquan, Baguazhang and Xingyiquan, collectively known as the three internal arts.
The Wudang Three-Harmony Set was inspired by and followed the structure of the Sun Style Taijiquan set.
However, the Sun Style Taijiquan set was modified to bring out the combat application of this Wudang Three-Harmony Set, which Grandmaster Wong believed was hidden in the open.
Taijiquan, Baguazhang and Xingyiquan, rightly or wrongly, have been called the internal arts of Wudang Kungfu.
- Basically, the essence of Taijiquan is waist rotation, which enables exponents to minimize opponents' massive force;
- The essence of Baguazhang is agility, which enables exponents to get to their opponents' back;
- And the essence of Xingyiquan is directness, which enables exponents to strike their opponents as soon as the opponents make a move!
This exciting course promises to be yet another unforgettable and life-changing opportunity for beginners and masters alike. Learn from a grandmaster who has mastered the art of teaching practitioners at multiple levels in a 'safe-yet-thrilling' way!
Is it possible to become even healthier through training martial arts?
Does kungfu like in the movies really exist?
Can beginners learn such martial arts?
Does one's confidence increase from taking this course?
Can masters 'up' their game even further?
Can one receive the map for training towards success even after the course?
Is the course fun? Is the course worth it?
Will it change my life for the better?
The simple answer to all of the above is 'yes'.
You are invited to come and experience for yourself the 'yes's of these questions.
Expect to work hard, laugh a lot, and experience the joy of life!
When? Nov 4, 5, 6, 2016
From what time to what time? 9:00am - 12:00pm, and 3:00pm - 6:00pm
For how long? 18 hours
How much? 1200 Euros
(Please note that all fees are paid directly to Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit. Information on payment method is provided upon registration.)
How do I prepare for the course?
1. Be able to stay comfortably in the Golden Bridge for at least 10 minutes: Golden Bridge (and other videos)
2. Have a working knowledge of the Wudang Three-Harmony Set, as demonstrated by Grandmaster Wong.
3. Have a working knowledge of the Cosmos Palm Set, as demonstrated by Grandmaster Wong.
What else do I need to do or know?
1. Agree to uphold and abide by the Ten Shaolin Laws.
2. Have a working knowledge of the foundational stances and footwork, as taught in Shaolin Wahnam. Here are some excellent pages to refer to:
The Horse Stance
Stances: the Foundation for Internal Force and Combat Efficiency
Stance Training and Becoming a Scholar Warrior
How do I register?
To apply and receive more vital information, please email Sifu Emiko Hsuen at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following information should be included:
- your full name
- name of the course
- your email address
- telephone number
- any relevant history, e.g. martial arts, sports, health issues etc.
- any questions
Kursa Hall, 2nd Floor
Latvian Canadian Cultural Centre
4 Credit Union Drive,
Directions to the course will be emailed to each participant upon registration.
Where can I stay?
Each participant is responsible for his/her own accommodation. This is not included in the course fee. The Latvian Centre is just east of the Don Valley Parkway and just south of Eglinton Avenue.
Some well-recommended hotels are:
Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites - http://www.torontodonvalleyhotel.com/en
The Westin Prince - http://www.westinprincetoronto.com/
North York Novotel - http://www.novotel.com/gb/hotel-0910...rk/index.shtml
Private but clean and safe accommodations through Airbnb: https://www.airbnb.ca/
Is there anything else that I need to know?
- Please inform Sifu Emiko Hsuen of any current/past health conditions
- To read the cancellation policy, please contact Ms Wei Foong, the Shaolin secretary
- To read the disclaimer, waiver and Release of Liability Agreement, please check Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit's website.
- Receipts or refunds for this course must be arranged through Ms. Wei Foong, the Shaolin secretary. They cannot be provided by Sifu Emiko Hsuen as she is an honorary organizer.